Apply To Be A Tutor
Love helping people learn?
Every year we hire grad students for the role of tutor. Most of our hiring is done in June-Aug for the following academic year (Sept-Apr). Feel free to contact us anytime to find out if we are hiring in your field of study. We look for applicants who have experience teaching, tutoring, and/or working with others 1-1, and who are passionate about personalizing their support for each student. Experience in similar roles in post-secondary learning environments is an asset. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com to learn more.
We are currently hiring for September 2023-April 2024 semesters.
Note: you will be taken to a survey monkey form which includes a portal to upload your resume.
(For those who’d like to see the full application before applying, you can reference the old application in pdf format at the bottom of this page)
Every year we hire tutors from Humanities, Social Sciences, and STEM faculties including but not limited to the following departments:
Earth & Ocean Science
Human & Social Development
Child & Youth Care
High demand courses
See below for a list of courses we receive a high demand for tutoring in
BIOL 150 A & B
English & Writing
Math & Stats
PHYS 102 A & B
PSYC 100 A & B
PSYC 300 A & B
Do you enjoy helping students create meaningful learning opportunities?
Are you interested in getting paid to expand your teaching dossier?
Would you like to develop your network by connecting with other emerging scholars?
The UVic Learning Assistance Program is looking for graduate-level Tutors to work one-on-one with students in specific courses
- Assist students in applying newly learned strategies and skills to their academic coursework
- Deliver a service that emphasizes the students’ strengths and accomplishments and positions the student as the expert in their own learning
- Help students develop positive attitudes about learning and confidence in their ability to learn
- Connect students with appropriate academic resources or referrals
- Attend bi-weekly training and maintain consistent contact with LAP supervisors (please see the application form for workshop dates for the current academic year)
- Provide regular, consistent one-on-one appointments
- Support the academic standards of UVic
- Maintain the confidentiality of personal and institutional information
To apply, please complete the online application (with resume submission) linked at the top of this page. For reference, you can also view the old application as a pdf below.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
Each year we receive more applications than positions. Please reach out to us at any point via firstname.lastname@example.org to find out where we are in our hiring process.