Drop-in to meet with an LAP Learning Strategist
We are offering in-person and online drop-in learning strategist sessions.
Our Summer 2022 hours are:
We are located in the main Library Learning Commons, now in Room 151a, next to the Centre for Academic Communication
*Please email email@example.com if you would like to book an appt for Summer 2022.*
Study Solutions is a free learning strategist service for all UVic Students. Learning Strategists support students to develop their own personalized strategies to achieve academic success and their unique goals. Meet with a Learning Strategist to discuss time management & organisation, note-taking, studying/test prep, and reading & writing tasks.
We offer free learning strategist sessions to all UVic students.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like more information.
What does a learning strategist do?
Learning strategists provide one-on-one support to students to identify learning strengths and apply strategies to boost academic success and efficiency.
What You Can Expect
We consider you the expert in your own learning. You know how you learn, and the strategies that have worked in your academic life… and what hasn’t!
A learning strategist listens and supports you in selecting the best strategies for the challenges you experience.
This is what we can do:
- Provide individualized support based on your unique learning needs and situation
- Help you set and work towards academic goals
- Suggest research-based learning strategies
- Celebrate your strengths & academic accomplishments
Topics We Can Assist You With
- Time management
- Exam prep
- Post-secondary level reading and writing
- Motivation and procrastination
- Transition from high-school or college to university
- Learning difficulties
- Academic stress
- Working in groups
- Thesis completion
- Managing course work loads