These are our governing policies for one-on-one Tutor and Learning Strategist services. If you have any questions about these policies, connect with us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-472-5494.
Student & Tutor/Strategist Agreement
The student, (Student name),
and the LAP Tutor/Strategist (Tutor/Strategist name), agree as follows:
One-on-one sessions in (course name).
Hours and Schedule:
From (start date) to (end date), proposed regular meeting times are: (e.g. Mondays 2 – 3:30 pm) (1.5 hrs/wk).
The first meeting will be held on (date).
Meetings will be held in (specific UVic classroom if in-person, or Zoom/another platform if online).
Guidelines for Agreement:
- The Tutor and student are expected to be on time for appointments.
- Students and Tutors are required to wait no longer than 15 minutes.
- A Tutor who is late is expected to make up the time at a later date.
- A student who is late loses that portion of the session at full cost.
- If the Tutor is late more than once, please notify a LAP Coordinator at email@example.com.
Rescheduling and cancelling a Tutor/Strategist session
- If it is mutually agreed upon, sessions may be cancelled and rescheduled as long as 24 hours notice is provided.
- If less than 24 hours notice, or no notice is provided to cancel a session, this is considered a “no-show”.
- Students are billed at full cost for any no-show.
- The Tutor is responsible for informing an LAP Coordinator of a no-show.
- A student who has 2 no-shows may no longer be provided with services.
Cancellation of services
- A student may cancel services at any time.
- Students who wish to cancel services must inform a LAP Coordinator and not just the Tutor/Strategist. Coordinators can be informed by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students will be billed for hours worked up to the cancellation date.
- The student is responsible for bringing all relevant class materials (notes, textbooks, handouts, assignments, etc.) to sessions and should inform the Tutor/Strategist in advance if they have specific topics or questions to cover in their next session.
- The Tutor is expected to be adequately prepared to assist the student with the topics on which the student has requested to work.
Integrity of work
- The integrity of the degree program cannot be compromised by asking or expecting the Tutor to complete, organize, or in any way perform the work for the student.
- The student takes full responsibility for success in their courses.
- Read UVic’s academic integrity policy for more info.
- Any questions or concerns regarding a Tutor-student relationship should be communicated in a timely manner to a LAP Coordinator at email@example.com. Amendments to services are only possible if communicated promptly.