There is a yearly paid work-study position that works closely with the Academic Director of the Restoration of Natural Systems program to help the club run and create awesome experiences for participants.
We are currently revising the role of the work-study student. In the mean time, here are some tasks the work-study students have been working on this past year:
- Create content for the monthly newsletter including summarizing ERC events and aggregating regional volunteer and educational opportunities related to ecological restoration.
- Support our committees in coordinating events and executing projects.
- Creating community outreach materials such as event posters and education signage.
- Maintaining the club’s active status with the University of Victoria Student’s Society (UVSS).
- Writing grants and leading fundraising events.
To be considered for this role the applicant must be a UVic student and be eligible to participate in the work-study program. More information about the work-study program can be found here. The position is typically posted in late August/early September and can be found in the Environmental Studies tab on the Current Postings work-study page.