I’m moving into Cluster! What should I bring?
Guest post by UVic Residence Student Staff
The Cluster (CL) neighbourhood is 121 apartment and townhouse units. These units have four bedrooms, a kitchen, a semi-furnished living room, two washrooms and one shower room.
What’s there already?
In the living room and kitchen
- A mop
- A bucket (for the mop)
- A wringer thing to wring out the mop
- Dust pan
- Small sofa (two people)
- Two arm chairs (purple fabric and wood)
- Two cubes (like small end tables)
- There is a dishwasher
- Garbage bin
- Compost bin
- Recycling bin
In your bedroom
- Twin XL bed (regular twin sheets fit but it’s a little tight)
- Window (There is a sill for plants!)
- Small garbage can
- Waist-high dresser (three drawers)
So what should I actually bring?
- Posters (There is also a poster sale at the start of the term.)
- Throw pillows
- Throw blankets
- Air freshener
- Dish soap
- Dishwasher soap
- Cupcake tin? I don’t know your life.
- Bread pan? Still don’t know it.
- Pizza cutter
- Baking sheets
- Forks, knives, spoons
- Garbage bags
- Compost bags
- Dish towels
- Organizers (plastic containers to hold food for your cupboard)
- Paper towels
- Lysol wipes
- Toilet brush
- Shower cleaner
- Toilet cleaner
- Garbage bags
- Magic Eraser (you will need one)
- Mattress topper
- Blanket (a comforter/duvet/quilt)
- Twin XL sheets
- Small fan if you get warm (There is no air conditioning when it’s hot.)
- Desk organizers
- Phone charger/other chargers
- Back pack
- Décor (posters, tapestries, string lights)
- Under the bed storage (You might not need this based on how much stuff you bring.)
- Hangers (There are 2 in your closet)
- Winter/fall clothes
- Note books
- Hole punch
- Dress clothes
- Rooms are small so storage is important. Stackable containers that double as a night stand are awesome.
- Toilet paper
- Face cloths
- First Aid Kit
- Hair brush
There are so many other things I am sure you will need and lots of these things that you won’t. Don’t worry too much because it will all work out!