Apply to the UVic Student Blog Team
UVic Communications + Marketing and UVic Student Recruitment
Position: MyUVic Life Student Blogger
Applications are open for the 2022-2023 academic year!
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED: MONDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2022 AT 9:00 AM
Hear from some past bloggers on why you should join the team!
You like to tell stories and enjoy sharing inside glimpses of your life with others. You believe in the power of today’s youth and know how to make a difference in the world.
You’re interested and interesting. You are creative and have ideas you want to share through writing, photography or video.
You have a unique perspective and aren’t afraid to share it.
The MyUVic Life blog is an open space that welcomes stories and perspectives from current undergraduate students.
- You’ll work on your own schedule to blog about YOUR life at UVic through written copy, video, photography or other creative platforms. It’s yours to explore.
- You’ll commit to posting twice a month from October – April.
- You’ll commit to a monthly meeting with the blog team.
- Read about the project and our bloggers.
- Gain valuable experience and build that resume or portfolio. Professional digital media and copywriting experience for a top-ranked university is highly regarded in the real world.
- You’ll qualify for a Co-Curricular Record (CCR).
- Year-end honorarium.
- You’ll gain valuable references for career building.
- Networking and career development through creative support by university staff.
- We can’t promise you’ll be an overnight internet sensation but you’ll definitely become “UVic famous.”
Compensation: Fame, food (really good food when we’re all back on campus), friends and FUN! (Not necessarily in that order.) Plus a year-end honorarium!
All undergraduate students are welcome to apply.
- Natural story teller
- Willing to learn and eager to share stories about your UVic life
- Good understanding of social media platforms and best practices
- Photography and videography experience is a bonus
- Your résumé and cover letter (make sure to include your program, faculty, hometown and year of study).
- A sample blog post on why you would be an excellent student blogger. Your post should be interesting to a wide variety of audiences including prospective students and their parents. (400 words max)
- Any samples of creative writing, photographs or videos (or links to online samples) you may have already published would also be welcomed.