Beginner / budget
For those who just want to point and shoot:
- I always recommend your smart phone as a first choice. New models are better since the technology and cameras are always improving.
- GoPro Hero Black 9 or 10. Yes, it’s a sports camera, but you can adjust the fisheye lens into something less distorted if you wish. It’s got great internal stabilization and shoots in 4k.
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX10. Leica lens and 4k footage!
Advanced / higher budget
For those who understand advanced camera settings and want more control:
- Sony Alpha series mirrorless cameras such as the A7iii or the A7Siii
- Panasonic Lumix GH6
- More: https://www.techradar.com/best/best-video-camera
- Rode Go. These wireless mics are small but mighty. The sound quality is excellent, they charge up with USB-C cables (same as the newer MacBooks) and did I mention they’re small? https://rode.com/en/microphones/wireless/wirelessgo