Thanks for being a model for UVic promotional purposes!
We’re sure you have some questions on what to wear and what to expect.
What should I wear?
- Tidy casual clothing is best. For example, unripped jeans, slim fitting t-shirt, slim fitting long sleeved tee, clean newish looking shoes/boots. These of course are just suggestions.
- Bring an alternate top if you wish.
- Bright colours are encouraged.
- Avoid ripped or worn-looking clothing.
- Don’t overdress… no need for excessive jewellery or fancy clothes. We want you to look like regular everyday students.
- Avoid large, visible logos other than UVic.
- Avoid clothing with tight patterns like small stripes or checks.
- Avoid solid white.
What about my hair etc?
- Please ensure your hair is clean, brushed and tidy
- It’s preferable you don’t wear your hair in a tight pony tail or bun
What should I bring?
If possible, please bring the following:
- Most important – bring coffee if you need it!
- Notepad & pen
- Water bottle (UVic branded if you have one)
- Change of shirt if you wish
- Your ONE Card (we may need your V#)
How will the process go?
- Please meet at the agreed upon time and place – don’t be late!
- You will be greeted by the photographer and / or art director
- You will be asked to sign a model release and provide your V# if there is an honorarium offered
- The photographer/videographer will direct where you stand / sit / walk and what to do. You will often be paired up with another student(s) to chat with. We will rotate students in the groups for variety.
- The shoot will last between one and two hours.
What about interview questions?
- If this is a video interview, we understand you might be nervous! Please know that everyone gets nervous before an interview — you are not alone. We are here to make you as comfortable as possible.
- We will send you the questions ahead of time so you can think of some answers. But please do NOT rehearse your answers. Just think of a few points.
- Pretend this is a conversation between you and the videographer.
- We will have a lot of time and digital memory doesn’t cost anything … meaning that we can take our time and re-do answers if you’re not happy with them.
- You will be coached through how long to make your answers and what points to cover.
- We do our best to make you look amazing!