Thank you for taking the time for an interview to discuss your work. The most important thing to know is that we are here to make you look good. We have many years of experience conducting interviews and understand you may not be familiar or comfortable with this process. Here is more information on what to expect and how to prepare.
How will the process go?
- A location will be agreed upon which helps to tell the story – either a lab, classroom or outdoor location.
- The videographer(s) will require about 45 minutes to set up cameras and lighting equipment. Access to labs & classrooms can be pre-arranged. You do not need to be present during setup.
- When it’s time for the interview, the videographer will seat you and coach you through the process. See next section for more detail around questions.
- The interview is conducted.
- After the interview, we will shoot some “B-Roll” which is supplemental footage to make the video more interesting. This could include you and/or students working in a lab, using equipment, walking through hallways or outside, or other activities as appropriate. If you have a few students who would feel comfortable in the scene please ask them to participate.
- The entire shoot will last about an hour.
How should I prepare for the interview?
- First off, we understand you might be nervous! We will make you as comfortable as possible.
- We will send you the questions ahead of time so you can think of some answers. But please do NOT rehearse your answers. Just think of a few bullet points.
- Pretend this is a conversation between you and the videographer.
- We will have a lot of time and digital memory doesn’t cost anything … meaning that we can take our time and re-do answers if you’re not happy with them.
- You will be coached through how long to make your answers and what points to cover. The entire video will be around two minutes long. Answers should be relatively short.
- We do our best to make you look amazing!
- After the interview, we will choose the best clips and put them in a logical order which tells your story best.
- You will get a chance to review the video for accuracy before it’s launched.