Journal & magazine links
- American Scientist Online
- Computer Communication Review
- Elsevier Computer Science
- Annual Computer Security Applications Conference
- IEEE Computer Society
- IEEE Security & Privacy Magazine
- IEICE Trans Search System
- International Journal of Digital Evidence
- ScienceDirect – Computers & Security
- ACM TISSEC (Transactions on Information & System Security)
Dr. Issa Traore
Email: itraore at ece.uvic.ca
Co-Founder, Plurilock Security Solutions Inc.
Co-Founder, Email Veritas Security Technologies, Ltd.
Senior Area Editor, IEEE Transactions on Information Security and Forensics (TIFS)
(Previously) Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Information Security and Forensics (TIFS)
(Previously) Area Editor, Wiley Journal of Security & Privacy
Research interests: network security, behavioral biometrics technologies, and software quality engineering.
- ECE 567 – Advanced Network Security
- ECE 570 – Digital Forensics Methodologies
- SENG 426 – Software Quality Engineering
- Ph.D. in Software Engineering : Institute National Polytechnique (INPT) –LAAS/CNRS, Toulouse, France
- Msc in Automatics and Computer Engineering, Ecole Nationale Supérieure de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace (E.N.S.A.E), Toulouse, France
- Avionics maintenance Certificate, Fokker Training Center , Amsterdam, Holland
- Aircraft Engineer Degree, Ecole de l’Air, Salon de Provence, France
- July 2013-Present: Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Victoria, B.C., Canada
- Jul. 2005-June 2012: Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Victoria, B.C., Canada
- Nov. 1999- June 2005: Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Victoria, B.C., Canada
- June 1999-Oct 1999: Senior Lecturer, Department of Informatics , University of Oslo, Norway
- Nov. 1998- May 1999: Research Associate, Institute for Energy Technology, Halden/ Department of Informatics, University of Oslo, Norway
- June 1998-Oct. 1998: Post-Doc Research Associate, LAAS-CNRS, Toulouse, France
- 1990-1993: Maintenance Engineer, Air Ivoire, Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Dr. Waleed A. Yousef,
Senior scientist, ISOT LAB;
Adjunct professor, University of Victoria;
Senior member, IEEE.
Email: wyousef at uvic dot ca
- M.Sc. in Statistics, The George Washington University (GWU), 2007.
- Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, GWU, 2006.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Helwan University, 1999.
- Professional Certificate in Computer Systems and Applications, American University in Cairo (AUC), 1997.
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Communications and Electronics, Ain Shams University, 1995.
- Data Science, Data Analysis, Statistical Learning, Machine Learning, and Pattern Recognition.
- Assessment of Classification Rules and ROC Analysis.
- Data Visualization.
- Senior Scientist, ISOT lab., University of Victoria, BC,Canada (2019-present).
- Adjunct professor, University of Victoria, BC, Canada (2021-present).
- Lab Director, Human Computer Interaction Laboratory (HCILAB) (2011-present).
- CEO, Research Director, MESC for Research and Development. (2010-present).
- Research Member, Microarray Quality Control Phase 2 (MAQC2) Project (2007-2010). In response to the FDA Critical Path Initiative, scientists at the FDA’s National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR), Jefferson, Arkansas, formally launched the MAQC project. This is a group of over 100 members from industry, academia, and US government working on methods for developing predictive models that use high-dimensional microarray (“DNA chips”) data to classify patients into low- or high-risk with respect to getting a specified kind of cancer.
- Research Fellow, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) / Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) (2005-2007). Designing and testing statistical learning algorithms to work on real data problems, e.g., medical data for diagnostic purposes.
Doctoral Research Associates
Ms. Hadeer Saad Ahmed
Email: hsahmed at uvic.ca
Mr. Paulo Quinan
Email: quinan at uvic.ca
Mr. William Briguglio
Email: wbriguglio at uvic.ca
- Aashish Arora
- Achyuth Nandikotkura
- Ahmed Abouelkhaire
- Ahmed Farag
- Andrew A. Naguib
- Arman Goudarz
- Dhruvil Sachdev
- Fateme Rangch
- Jianfeng Liu
- Jinlin Bu
- Ornella Lucresse Soh
- Simbarashe Zuv
Dr. Youssef Nakkabi
VP Data Science & Innovation
Plurilock Security Solutions Inc., Victoria, BC, Canada
Dr. Ali Tekeoglu
Cybersecurity Researcher / Sr Professional Staff at The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
Dr. Wei Lu
Professor, Computer Science Department
Keene State College, NH, USA
Dr. Ahmed Awad
New York Institute of Technology, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Dr. Ahmad Almulhem
Professor Computer Engineering Department
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Dr. Michael Yanguo Liu
Victoria, BC, Canada
Dr. Amany Abdelhalim
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Computers and Information Systems
Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt
Dr. Omar H. Mohamed
Business Process Optimization Director
Avaya, TX, USA
Dr. Soltan Alharbi
Taif University, Saudi Arabia
Dr. Shahid Alam
Gebze Technical University, Turkey
Dr. Sherif Saad
University of Windsor, Windsor, ON, Canada
Federal University of Santa Catarina (UFSC), Florianopolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Dr. Bassam Sayed
Tech Lead and Manager Data Platform and Site Automation |
Sophi.io Team at The Globe and Mail
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dr. Alexander Hoole
Manager, Software Security Research
Micro Focus Security Fortify, San Francisco, CA, USA
Dr. Asem Kitana
Dr. Hanan Alhindi
Dr. Mohammed Alshahrani
Dr. Abdulaziz Aldribi
Dr. Faisal Alshanketi
- Hong Ye, Msc.
- Akif Nazar, Msc.
- Iris Daoyu Lai, Msc.
- Yingua Zhang, MEng.
- Sreedhar Kothapali, MEng.
- Fei Huang, MEng.
- David Zhao
- Eric Mason
- Erik Johnson
- Jaimin Modi
- Hetang Patel
- Brijesh Jethva
- Manpreet Singh
- Simran Kaur
- Ruiqi Hu
- Anthony Zeng
- Asem Ghaleb
- Moneer Fakroon
- Abdelrahman Alenazi
- Fatema Rashid
- Sreedhar Kothapali
- Bijan Khalilian
- Mhernaz Bayaki
- Balvinder Handa
- Alnaghes Mnar Saeed
- Olaoluwa Olayokun
- Prabhjot Kaur
- Hadeer Saad Ahmed
- Aashna Ahluwalia
- Darshit Patel
- Rajiv Roy
- Onyekachi Enyinnaya Nwamuo
- Chenyang Nie
- Nitika Jindal
- Ujwal Reddy Ghondi
- Anirudh Karanth
- Aigerim Mashkanova
- Jay Shah
- Dhruvalkumar Patel
- Jaynish Patel
- Parisa Moghaddam.
- Behnaz Saropourian.
- Ilnaz Nikseresht
- Krunal Sachdev.
- Chitrarth Patel.
- Somayeh Roshandel.
- Parisa Moghaddam
- Faith Douglas Okpongete
- Sanjay Dutt