Get started: How to create a site
Any current employees or students of UVic can log into the OAC and start their own blog! To create a new site/blog:
- Login to the OAC with your Netlink ID and password.
- Click the blue Create a Site button, which takes you to the create a site form.
- Fill in the Site Name. This will be the URL/link for your new site. Please use lowercase letters and no spaces or special characters.
- Add your Site Title, the name for your new blog. This title can include spaces and capitals. You can later update this title at any time.
- If you are creating a public site, choose from Privacy whether you would like your site to appear in search engines and in public listings.
- Or, if you would like a private blog, choose from one of the following:
- Visible only to registered users of this network: your site will only be visible to UVic community members after they sign into the OAC with their NetLink ID.
- Visible only to registered users of this site: your site will only be visible to UVic community members who have been added to your site.
- Visible only to administrators of this site: your site will only be visible to you, and any other administrators of your site.
- Select a Template for your site. The template determines the basic look and feel for your site, and starts you off with a theme and basic layout. For a description of the templates, see our Templates documentation.
- Click the Create Site button at the bottom.
- You can then navigate between your sites from the My Sites drop-down at the top of the page. Clicking on a site name from this list will take you to the Dashboard. The Dashboard is your access point for all of the administrative aspects of your site.
- Please note that sites that have been inactive for 13 months will be scheduled to be archived, and then deleted. Site administrators will be notified prior to this change.