General Relief Efforts in Ukraine and US:
- Ukrainian Red Cross Society (Ukraine)- The Ukrainian Red Cross Society’s mission is to ensure human life protection, prevention, and mitigation of human suffering during armed conflicts, natural disasters, catastrophes, and accidents. Following yesterday’s explosions, the Ukrainian Red Cross Society is on the ground delivering urgent assistance–food, fuel for heating, medical supplies, and support for housing–to those living close to the line of contact in eastern Ukraine.
- Odessa Charity Foundation Way Home (Ukraine) – Odessa Foundation’s “Mobile Family Support Service” directly helps families in need across the Odessa region by visiting their homes with psychosocial and medical specialists. At this time, Odessa Charity Foundation is focused on providing food, emergency kits, clothing, medicine, and shelter outside the city for emergency evacuation of children and women.
- Nova Ukraine (US) – Nova is a US-based, diasporic nonprofit dedicated to raising cultural awareness and providing humanitarian aid to Ukraine. Among Nova Ukraine’s projects is a humanitarian effort, Heart2Heart, which assembles and delivers aid packages directly to Ukraine.
- United Help Ukraine (US) – United Help Ukraine, Inc. receives and distributes donations, food, and medical supplies to Ukrainian IDPs [Internally Displaced People] and families affected by war. United Help Ukraine is putting together first aid kits and collaborating with other emergency response organizations to prepare humanitarian aid.
- CAF America continues to monitor US sanctions on Russia as it relates to the Russian invasion into Ukraine. We remain committed to facilitating regulatory-compliant grants to charity partners that follow CAF America’s policies and all relevant U.S. laws and regulations. During this period of rapid change, CAF America is here to help interpret what these new developments mean for our donors and charity partners.
Relief for Refugees and IDPs (Internally Displaced Peoples)
- Women’s Federation for World Peace (Ukraine)- The Women’s Federation for World Peace is committed to establishing lasting peace by uniting women of Ukraine and other countries in educational and charity projects. Women’s Federation for World Peace is arranging psychological integration workshops, art therapy, and other rehabilitation programs for 152 IDPs, with a focus on children and women from Eastern Ukraine.
- Bright Kids Charity (Ukraine)- Bright Kids Charity helps IDPs and families of children with disabilities in high-risk zones access essential medical care, with the belief that no one should be left behind during peace-time or war-time. Bright Kids Charity is increasing its projects and resources in their work to support children with disabilities and their families who cannot flee conflict zones.
Support Ukrainian Journalists Reporting Conflict
- Internews (US)- In order to protect public interest, independent journalists in Ukraine risk their lives in order to uncover human rights abuses and corruption in-country. Currently collecting emergency funds, Internews is protecting Ukrainian journalists who provide trust-worthy, life-saving information.