First off, please let me thank you for your interest in our group!
I am always on the lookout for highly motivated and talented undergrads, grad students, postdoctoral scholars, and research assistants/associates to work with! Our work is multidisciplinary and often requires different ways of studying problems. Thus, we welcome applications from candidates with degrees/interests in Environmental, Civil & Chemical Engineering, Geography, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, and more!
Please do not submit an application for admission to UVic without an invitation. I would not want you to have to pay the application fee for nothing. Opportunities are available at all levels and contingent on funding:
- Undergrads: Most undergrads in our group are supported through NSERC USRA scholarships or grants from wage subsidy programmes (e.g. EcoCanada, Canada Summer Jobs, etc.). So, for summer opportunities, please contact me around January to discuss possible applications.
- Grads (MASc/PhD): The bulk of our hiring is at the grad level and is project/funding dependent. Typically, I will take on two to three new students every year. Top-ups are available to students that receive independent research scholarships (e.g. NSERC, FRQNT, etc.). I’m happy to work with potential students on applications for scholarships. Our group has a great track record on this front! Deadlines are usually in October for PhD and December for Master’s and a good application takes time to craft. So, please contact me early in the summer!
- Postdocs: Funding for postdocs is is usually less frequent. Please check available opportunities. Alternatively, I am happy to discuss/support funding applications for postdoctoral fellowships scholars (e.g. NSERC, Banting, etc.).
To register your interest in joining us, please fill out this form (and follow the instructions therein). We often operate on discretionary funding and I’d be happy to discuss/adapt a project that would best suit your interests/experience and is aligned with our programming and resources. Alternatively, I take on new group members for specific positions (typically listed below) which are funding specific.
Available positions (send correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org citing specific position code in subject line):
- Programme Coordinator: NSERC CREATE in Water and Sanitation for Low-resource Contexts (code: #WASHCanada Coordinator) – POSITION FILLED!
- Undergraduate Research Assistant (NSERC USRA) (code: #PH2E2023-UG) – Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until October 20th 2022.