About the Conference
August 26 – 28, 2024
Click Here to Download the First Announcement
Following the success of the NHICE-01, NHICE-02, and NHICE-03 in 2018, 2020, 2022 and based on the feedback received from the attendees, we are pleased to announce that the ‘4th International Conference on New Horizons in Green Civil Engineering (NHICE-04)’ will be held on Monday August 26th to Wednesday August 28th, 2024.
NHICE-04 will be an in-person event in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
NHICE-04 will focus on new challenges, ideas, solutions and applications in sustainable and resilient Civil Engineering. While submissions in all areas of Civil Engineering are welcome, priority will be given to issues related to:
- Green design, construction materials, technologies and buildings
- Carbon footprint reduction and management in the built environment
- Enhanced use of wood in building construction
- Indigenous housing challenges/solutions and technologies
- Impacts of climate change and resiliency of infrastructure and buildings
- Recent advances in smart buildings, intelligent structures, sustainable cities, industrial ecology, environmental engineering, ground engineering and water resources
- Latest developments and challenges in codes, policies, regulations, practices and test methods
- Use of advanced tools and technologies (e.g. artificial intelligence, machine learning, systems modelling, digital twins, 3-D printing, remote sensing, UAV etc.) for sustainable construction and resilient infrastructure management
- Post-pandemic built-environments
- Nature-based solutions and regenerative design: Application for buildings
- Nature-based solutions and regenerative design: Regional applications
- Inclusive people-oriented design (e.g. accessibility) and indoor environmental quality
- Community-oriented design solutions
- Application of design thinking in Civil Engineering
The core theme of the conference is Civil Engineering, but multidisciplinary research activities that demonstrate the potential to solve infrastructure and building challenges are welcome.
New engineers as well as established professionals, researchers, academics, and policymakers are the target participants and audiences.
UVic research is at the forefront of sustainability breakthroughs for our changing world, being a global leader in climate and ocean sciences, and sustainable energy research.
Technical research carried out by BC Housing leads to innovations that improvehow residential buildings are designed and constructed and offer insights into sustainable housing solutions and best practices.
More detailed information will be provided and call for abstracts will be announced in a second circular shortly. For further queries, please contact: email@example.com.
Visit http://nhice.engr.uvic.ca for regular updates.
We are looking forward to your participation!