Bismillāhir rahmānir raheem
In the name of Allah the Beneficent, the Merciful
Welcome to the official website of the Muslim Students’ Association at the University of Victoria. We are a student-based, non-profit organization serving Muslim students on campus. We are affiliated with the University of Victoria Students’ Society (UVSS).
The missions of the UVic Muslim Student Association are
- To aid the transition of new Muslim students on campus
- To provide a safe and inclusive environment where Muslim students feel safe to practice their religion
- To help inform the surrounding community about the true meaning of Islam and what is it that we follow; to banish misconceptions
- We seek to provide welcoming ambience for both Muslim as well as non-Muslim students.
Some of the services offered by the UVic MSA are:
- Prayer Room On Campus
- Jummah (Friday) Prayers
- Community Service Volunteering
- Social Events etc.
We organize events such as Islam Awareness Week, information sessions, public lectures, fundraising activities, and social events. We also have a mini-library collection of books and media dedicated to Islamic knowledge.
If you want to know more about the MSA, sign up for our monthly newsletter and receive updates on volunteer opportunities, links to amazing things Muslims are doing all around the world and more!!