Call for Proposals: Student Journal Forum 2023
The Student Journal Forum 2023 invites proposals for virtual sessions to be held on February 23-24, 2023. Now in its 8th year, this online event is open to everyone but is targeted at post-secondary students in Canada who are involved with or considering starting a student journal.
Proposals for 10-minute presentations are enthusiastically welcomed by everyone with an interest in sharing information about student journals. We especially encourage students to share their experiences, obstacles, and observations. Suggested topics for presentations could be:
- Starting up a new journal
- Attracting submissions
- Recruiting and training peer reviewers
- Managing technical processes (e.g. producing galley files, publishing platforms, copyediting)
- Promoting your journal
- Equity and inclusion in journal publishing
- Following ethical publishing practices
- Enhancing discoverability for your journal, including applying for inclusion in the DOAJ and other indexes
For a list of sessions at previous Student Journal Forums see the links on each of the forum events pages.
Ready to submit your proposal? Complete the online submission form or download a template of the submission form to review the proposal criteria or work on your proposal offline. The Forum organizing committee will review each proposal and feedback will be provided.
- CFP submission deadline: October 31, 2022
- Acceptance Notifications: Mid-November, 2022
- Program Published: December 2022
- Student Journal Forum: February 23 & 24, 2023
Contact Sarah Severson, Co-Chair of the SJF forum at email@example.com for more information.
Sign up for Forum updates
Join the listserv for student journal editors in Canada to receive news and updates about the Student Journal Forum 2023 and other events for editors. You can also initiate a discussion and make connections with fellow editors via the listserv.
Join the conversation on Twitter