Rights and Permissions
All U of Victoria ePublishing Services titles, journals and articles are protected by copyright. All licensing for distribution, permissions and re-prints are handled through the Copyright and Scholarly Communications Office (CSCO).
Most titles published by the U of Victoria ePubllishing Services titles are licensed through a Creative Commons license. For permissions to re-use any of our publications NOT licensed with Creative Commons license or to use them for commercial purposes, appropriate permissions can be requested by contacting the CSCO at press (at) uvic.ca
For U of Victoria publications covered by a Creative Commons license, the license permits the user the following:
You (the user) are free:
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
*All attribution should consist of a citation, or must at least, include the original author’s name, title of publication, publisher, and date.
- Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of the work.
- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- The author's moral rights are retained in this license.
Complete terms of the Creative Commons licenses used by the University of Victoria ePublishing Services Press can be found at: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) license or Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) license.