What’s In My Backpack – Science Student Edition!
As far as what team I’m on for bags I use for university, I am team backpack without a doubt.
As a science student, I’m usually carrying quite a bit of stuff with me so a backpack is necessary to keep everything organized and my spine from disintegrating.
I use a pretty generic looking black backpack since it matches everything and came in the right size and design for what I wanted. Right now with summer classes I’m carrying fewer items than normal, but here are the basics that I almost always have:
- Folder for lab handouts
- Folder for syllabi and looseleaf paper
- Lab manual
- Lab PPE (lab coat and safety googles; I keep three pairs in my bag because I’m paranoid about not having them for a lab)
- Ear plugs
- Glasses case
- Mini ruler
- Lip balm
- Dry erase markers
- Pens and pencils
- Case with index cards and sticky notes
- USB storage drive
- Tape (for sticking lab procedures down to a bench or above the fume hood)
- Water bottle
- Laptop and charger
- Wired headphones
- Travel pack of tissues
- Case with spare masks
- Waterproof backpack cover
- Hand sanitizer