How To Beat Exam Stress
Exam time can be the most dreaded time of the year for university students, myself included. Now with the added stress of living in a pandemic, it’s likely doubled.
I compiled a list of tips and tricks that might be helpful in relieving stress and anxiety during exams.
- Take breaks from your screen: Too much screen time can strain your eyes or give you headaches, which make studying very hard. Give yourself a break.
- Get outside: Whether you’re here in Victoria or doing school from your hometown, getting outside is a great way to step back from school and clear your head.
- Make a plan and stick to it: Many people find that creating a plan and prioritizing the things you have to get done can make it easier to focus on your work.
- Sleep, sleep, sleep: If you stay up super late to get things done or don’t get enough sleep to begin with it can make it harder to process things. Set a schedule and stick to it.
- Create: Whenever I need to take a break from studying or when I’m feeling too stressed I love to create stuff. Drawing, sculpting and painting can help relieve stress no matter the skill level.
- Journal: Write about whatever comes to mind when you pick up your pen. It can be helpful to get out all your feelings in a healthy way, so you’re not thinking about it while studying.
- Listen to music: Music can be a helpful way to relieve daily stressors, and is also a great way to improve your mood.
- Meditate: Meditation helps focus your concentration and can also teach you mindfulness. Find a quick 5 minute meditation video here.
What do you do to ease your stress and anxiety around exam time?