Top 6 ways to look like a UVic student
Let’s set the scene; you’ve just graduated high school and you’ve been accepted by the University of Victoria. With this whole new life ahead of you, your first thought probably isn’t, “How am I going to pay for this?” or “Do I even know what I want to do with my life?” but rather: “Damn, I hope I can fit in with all the cool kids on campus.”
Thankfully, the whole UVic blog team has gathered together to bring you the most comprehensive list of how to look like a UVic student.
1. Blundstones, Hunter Boots, and Birkenstocks… AT ALL TIMES.
Regardless of the weather, these three pieces of footwear are constantly appropriate. Birks in the winter, Blundstones in the summer, the world is your oyster.
2. Man Buns and beards… should be grown if they can be grown. Hipster lumberjacks are a staple of the UVic environment. (Plaid shirts are encouraged.)
3. Mason Jars… because we are sustainable, and fashionable. Whether you need to transport your tea, soup, or miniature ant farm, these former housekeeping essentials are now your main stay everyday container.
4. UVic Hoodies… Wearing a UVic hoodie is like wearing a Canucks jersey; you can prove your support for the local team, and avoid doing laundry at the same time.
5. Herschel Backpacks… I’m not even sure why or when these backpacks became popular (can anybody explain this?), but they are an absolute staple if you want to look anything like a real UVic student.
6. Macbooks… How could you possibly check Facebook and write papers without a thousand-dollar computer? (Vikes Nation stickers are encouraged)
The UVic student look is like Rome—It wasn’t built in a day. These crucial components make take your entire four-year (plus victory lap) degree to complete. Just think of it as an investment, something to be constantly improving and working on—in addition to your school work, that is.
If you think that we have missed anything, please feel free to let us (and everyone thinking of applying) know!
Thanks from everyone at the UVic blog team!