Summer in Victoria…so close guys.
Victoria is one of the most beautiful places to be in the summer. The weather is warm — but not scorching hot, there are always tons of fun events going on and the food is incredible. For those of you who live out of town, this list might sway your decision around leaving.
This summer, I’ve accepted a coop position in Calgary so, for the first time in a long time, I’m not going to be here. As excited as I am to start the next chapter in my adventure, I thought it would be a cool idea to list the things I look forward to every summer.
- Red Fish Blue Fish – The best seafood you’ll ever get from the inside of the world’s smallest kitchen. The place is lined up all the time. Located in the Inner Harbour, the small take-out restaurant is the place to eat.
- Summer Markets – My favourite summer market is the Sidney Summer market so, if you’re willing to make the drive, it’s definitely worth it. There are also a couple great local markets including the Moss Street Market.
- Canada Day -Victoria does an amazing Canada Day. The events take place downtown and go all day, ending with a fireworks display in the evening. Last year, they attempted to make the biggest Canada flag in the world.
- Rock The Shores – From local talent to world-renowned artists, you’re definitely getting your money’s worth attending this popular music festival.
- Victoria International Buskers Festival – From July 17-26 some of the best street performers in the world come and show off their best acts. The event is totally free …what else could you ask for?
- BC Day – Again, Downtown Victoria is the place to be on August 1st. Tons of free swag from local businesses and party games for the kids.
- Victoria Street Food Festival – mhmm, greasy food from a truck. Victoria has a ton of food trucks that range from healthy to the not so healthy options.
- Symphony Splash – This is a huge event that’s been going on for years. Artists from all over the place come to perform on this giant barge in the middle of the inner harbour – cool, hey? There’s also a fireworks display at the end of the day.
These are just a few of the things I look forward to during summers in Victoria. What about you guys? What do you look forward to during the summer in Victoria?