Eligibility: Graduate and Post-Doctoral Mentees and New Investigators. Applicants must have an academic mentor at an eligible institution, or in the case of New Investigators be employed at an eligible institution, for funds to be transferred.
Use of Funds: Funds can be used to offset costs of travel to mentors, Elders, communities, and can also support access to academic or professional development resources, such as conferences or workshops. These funds can be held in addition to a Research Experience Award or a Research Expense Stipend.
This award is for students wishing to undertake an on-site research experience in the north including Nunavut, Northwest Territories, the Yukon and Northern BC (travel, accommodations, food). **Any additional applications will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
A complete application for this award will include:
- IMN-PN Registration Survey (If it has not already been completed. Please indicate on the Awards form if it has)
- IMN-PN Northern Travel Award Application
- Budget and Timeline Templates
- Verification of Enrollment (not applicable for New Investigators)
- One-page proposal
- Letter of Support (Academic Mentor or if applicable Organizational Mentor-suggested template)
All application materials should be uploaded as one document in the format (Last name_Northern Travel Award.pdf) If you are applying for more than one award, please create separate documents for each award and send in separate emails with the title of the award in the subject line with the appropriate document.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. All inquires and submissions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org