We hope that you and all your relations are staying healthy, well and safe during these times. The IMN-PN has currently suspended all face-to-face interactions, activities and events. However, we are working remotely and will continue to offer support to Indigenous students. Please contact the Network Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns, or to let us know about challenges you are experiencing and needs you have that may be caused or heightened by the COVID-19 situation.
Students engaged in research:
- Universities across Canada are suspending research activities involving direct contact between humans. Please check with your institution regarding research protocol right now and follow the directives for the time being.
- Research that can be done in solitude, such as working with archival materials, transcribing recordings, etc. may continue.
- For IMN-PN funded students, please connect with the Network Coordinator (email@example.com) if you have questions regarding adjusting timelines, etc.
Partners with ongoing project funding:
- CIHR recognizes costs ensuing from cancellations of events and/or travel, as well as any other unforeseen expenses related to COVID-19 as eligible expenses; please connect with Network Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) if this will impact your research budget.
Students awaiting new IMN-PN funding and/or a next installment:
- Due to reduced resources currently available at UVIC Research Accounting, transfers may be delayed. Please contact Network Coordinator (email@example.com) if you need assistance.
For institutional updates on the current COVID-19 situation at each partner university, please follow the links below:
University of Victoria https://www.uvic.ca/covid-19/
University of British Columbia https://www.ubc.ca/campus-notifications/
Simon Fraser University https://www.sfu.ca/cee/utility/covid-19-update/
University of Northern British Columbia https://www.unbc.ca/coronavirus
To support the measures put in place to slow the spread of COVID-19, please join us in following federal and provincial government recommendations and adhering to the advice provided by the WHO (https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public).
We are thinking of you and please stay safe and healthy.