COVID-19 Student Resources

Student Resources

The IMN-PN is currently working on how we can best support Indigenous students during these times. Please contact the Network Coordinator at if you have any questions or concerns. 

Please see below for specific student support services offered at partner institutions.

University of Victoria

  • The First Peoples House (FPH) at UVic is closed and all events and programs, including Elders in Residence, have been cancelled. Although FPH is closed, staff remain available to help. For access to services for Indigenous students, including emergency bursaries, please contact IACE at 250-853-3730 or
  • Counselling Services is offering sessions by phone instead of face-to-face, and they have updated their instructions for making an appointment. Visit Counselling Services UVic

University of British Columbia

Simon Fraser University

  • Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies office is currently closed and staff are now working remotely. The office provides support and resources for self-identifying Indigenous graduate students. To learn more about Emergency Financial Aid, grading changes and other academic resources connect directly with Denver Lynxleg ( She is available during her office hours on Mondays and Tuesdays 9:00 am – 5:00 pm to connect with you email, over-the-phone or for virtual meetings

Comments are closed.