On October 27th from 12:30pm – 1:30pm the Library will be hosting a Lexis+ Training Session. The training session will be held virtually over Zoom.
Come learn about Lexis+ Canada, the brand new platform from LexisNexis. Learn how to search the broad collection of Canadian Primary and Secondary Sources available on Lexis+ and discover tips and tricks for effective searching to help you find what you need quickly and efficiently. You will find winning legal insights faster with Lexis+’s powerful search and collaboration tools, plus you can earn while you learn with STAR Rewards this year and earn 750 points for attending a training session!
- Where to start your research
- How to quickly find leading decisions
- Search caselaw by citation, party name and keyword search
- Conduct due diligence on a case to determine if it’s still “good law”
- How to use Halsbury’s Laws of Canada to help you understand an area of law and the current state of the common law
- Search relevant Secondary Sources to help you gain a deeper understanding of the issue
Can’t make the live session? No worries, register for the event to receive a recording.