Call for Applications!
Apply anytime (no deadline)
Duration and Value: One year; $7,000 (non-renewable)
Objective: The BC NEIHR provides five (5) Pilot Project Grants to Indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) early career researchers annually to improve the competitiveness of Indigenous researchers in CIHR and other research competitions.
Description: Funds can be used to cover costs associated with the following types of activities:
- planning and executing pilot projects or feasibility studies to generate proof of concept and/or preliminary data;
- development and/or validation of new Indigenous tools, methodologies, protocols, theoretical models or frameworks.
Each year, recipients will be invited to a Learning and Sharing Circle (along with funded Indigenous communities, collectives and organizations as well as Indigenous trainees), where they can present their work and speak about their participation in this funding program. Travel and accommodations for this event will be paid for by the BC NEIHR.
- BC NEIHR Registration Survey (if not already a member)
- Pilot Project Grant Application Overview and Instructions
- Pilot Project Grant Application Form
- Pilot Project Grant Budget Information and Examples (please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a blank Budget Template as a Word document)
The BC NEIHR Pilot Project Grant program is generously supported by CIHR.